If you’re a creative entrepreneur or solopreneur here are some things you should know about design in 2017.
If you've got to create something and you're thinking "which design program should I use?" then consult our infographic. It'll quickly guide you to either InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop, which are the programs most often used by professional designers. It's not 100% foolproof but should guide you in the right direction!
If you'd like a free pdf of this infographic please click here.
If you want to quickly make an image for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest, our social media size guide will get you started.
Even better, our social media size guide can be edited with Adobe Illustrator. If you download the pdf version of the size guide, open it with Adobe Illustrator and you'll find it has artboards already set up for every size you might want. This handy resource will save you lots of time and frustration. Download it here, and please share it!
The sizes are correct as of May 2017. They came courtesy of Sprout Social.
How many of these statements apply to you?
- I’ve been asked to create our company’s staff newsletter.
- I’ve been told to make our social media graphics look better.
- I’ve been told I need to use InDesign to make our presentations look as good as our competitors.
- The only person in our office that knew how to use InDesign has left, and I’ve been given their work to do.
- We’ve had some cutbacks, and we can’t afford to use external designers anymore. I need to learn how to do it myself.
If this sounds a bit like the situation you’re in then you’re not alone.